SPECIAL EVENT CONDITIONS 2019
“Event” means Summer Sessions in Princes Street Gardens 2019.
“Management” means DF Concerts Limited, company registration number SC333566. “Promoter” means the person or company staging the Event if different from Management.
“Special Event Conditions” means any special event conditions relating to the Event.
“Event Terms and Conditions" means Terms and Conditions applicable to Events held by DF Concerts Limited which can be found at www.smmrsessions.com
“Ticketing Terms and Conditions” means Terms and Conditions applicable to the purchase of a ticket and can be found at www.ticketmaster.co.uk/legal/purchase.html www.festicket.com/booking-conditions/ , www.tickets-scotland.com/help.html?page=terms and http://www.usherhall.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
“Venue” means Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh, Scotland.
"Ticket" means any ticket for you to attend an Event.
“You” means you as the holder of the Ticket and "Your" shall be read accordingly.
ATTENDING THE EVENT
- These Special Event Conditions, in addition to the Event Terms and Conditions and Ticketing Terms and Conditions, apply to any person who is at the Event.
- Failure to follow any of the Special Event Conditions and/or the Event and Ticketing Terms and Conditions or behaving in a manner deemed unsociable or potentially dangerous will result in You being removed from the Event without refund. Management may pursue prosecution of anyone found to be breaking the law
- You must retain Your Ticket and wristband (if applicable) at all times, and neither will be replaced under any circumstances.
- Ticket holders who leave the Event will not be permitted to re-enter the Event.
- Management reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject You from, the Event for any reason including but not limited due to concerns regarding the consumption of alcohol and drugs. Any individual refused entry or ejected from the Event will have their Ticket confiscated.
- Any individual who has previously been removed or ejected from a DF Concerts event should not purchase a Ticket as they will be refused entry to the Event and if found at the Event will be removed.
- Summer Sessions in Princes Street Gardens is an all standing event. Access to the inner bowl will be available on a first come, first served basis and will be controlled via a wrist-banding system. Customers with VIP tickets will have guaranteed access to the inner bowl.
- Inappropriate and unsafe behaviour such as crowd surfing, moshing, crowd circles and throwing objects are dangerous and can cause serious injury. Sliding in mud can cause serious illness. This behaviour and any other inappropriate and/or unsafe behaviour is not permitted and we reserve the right to remove offenders from the Event.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the Event.
- Anyone found damaging trees, plants or entering flowerbed areas and anyone found climbing trees, hedges, fences, structures and monuments within Princes Street Gardens will be removed from the event.
- Please respect the local residents when travelling to and from the Event and keep noise to a minimum.
- Summer Sessions in Princes Street Gardens is a non-camping event therefore camping is not permitted anywhere in or around the Venue and any tents found will be removed and not returned.
- No trading without the consent of Management, including goods with unauthorised Event or Artist logos. Anyone found doing so will have their goods confiscated and they will be removed from the Event and this may result in criminal prosecution.
- If anyone is found with excessive amounts of cigarettes and/or vapes they may be confiscated and not returned and Management reserve the right to eject You and confiscate Your Ticket.
- With the exception of special assistance dogs, authorised working dogs and police dogs, no animals are permitted at the Event. Please refer to https://www.smmrsessions.com/edinburgh/faqs for Accessibility information.
- There will be an Accessible Viewing Area at the Event. Please see https://www.smmrsessions.com/edinburgh/faqs and accessED@SMMRsessions.com if You have any access requirements.
- Management does not accept responsibility, to the maximum extent permitted by law, for loss of property or damage to persons or property.
Age restrictions for Summer Sessions taking place in Princes Street Gardens, are:
All Shows (Except Courteeners - see below)
- No persons under 5 permitted.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult 21 and over (1 adult minimum per 4 persons under 16)
- A challenge 25 policy will be in operation for guardians at the gates and proof of age may be requested.
- We encourage you to complete a guardianship form if you are attending with someone aged between 5-16 years old
Friday 16th August - Courteeners
- No Persons under 14 permitted
- 14 and 15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult 21 and over (1 adult minimum per 4 14 & 15 years olds)
- 16 and over can attend without a guardian for this show
- Florence and The Machine, Primal Scream, Chvrches, Lewis Capaldi, James, Madness: 5 – 15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult 21 and over (1 adult minimum per 4 persons under aged between 5-15 years old).
- Courteeners: 14 and 15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult 21 and over (1 adult minimum per 4 persons aged 14 and 15 years old).
- A challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the gates ensuring guardians are 21 and over. Proof of age may be requested. Please bring acceptable photographic ID.
- We encourage You to complete a guardianship form if You are attending with someone under 16 years old. Those who have opted in will be provided with a guardianship wrist band to allow the Event Team to contact the guardian if need be.Further details on https://www.smmrsessions.com/edinburgh/faqs
- A challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the bars ensuring access is restricted to persons 18 and over. Proof of age may be required. Please bring acceptable photographic ID.Further details on https://www.smmrsessions.com/edinburgh/faqs
- Any person in possession of prohibited items may be refused entry or removed from the Event and may risk prosecution. Items will be confiscated and not returned.
- Management, at its discretion, may confiscate any item(s) that is deemed and/or suspected to be illegal or unsuitable. If anyone is found in possession of such item(s) may be arrested or refused entry to the Event and have their Ticket confiscated. This includes, without limitation, illegal or intoxicating substances including; Illegal drugs, “legal/herbal” highs, new psychoactive substances, nitrous oxide (NOS/laughing gas) and unidentifiable substances.
- Flares, gas or smoke devices, are not permitted. Anyone found in possession of flares or smoke devices WILL be arrested and charged by the police as it is a criminal offence. Such devices are dangerous and could cause very serious harm to You or other Event goers. CCTV will be in operation.
- Fireworks, sparklers, Chinese / sky lanterns, firewood, candles or any flames, professional camera/video/audio equipment including removable lenses, drones, portable laser equipment, laser pens, air horns, megaphones, sound systems, vuvuzelas, kites, frisbees, boomerangs, spray paint cans, aerosols over 250ml, gazebos, unofficial tabards and reflective jackets, flagpoles, umbrellas, selfie sticks, folding or inflatable chairs or any item that could be considered a weapon, including multi-tools, are not permitted. Such items will be confiscated and not returned.
- Please don’t bring a bag unless it is absolutely essential. Those who need to bring bags will be separated into bag search lanes, and may be delayed as a result of these searches. Bags larger than 30cm x 42cm (the size of a sheet of A3 paper) will NOT be permitted at Summer Sessions in Princes Street Gardens. Please note that there are no storage lockers available at the Event.
FOOD & DRINK
- It is not permitted to bring food or any drinks into the Event and if found with food or any drinks it will be confiscated, and You may be refused access. Food and drink will be available for purchase at the Event. Anyone with a medical condition which requires them to bring food and/or drink into the Venue should either contact Management in advance via accessED@SMMRsessions.com in order to obtain an authorisation letter, or make themselves known to the gate manager/supervisor of the Event so that first aid staff can identify correctly and assist those customers who require food and/or drink to be brought into the Event.
- Glass bottles/ jars/ containers are not permitted in the Event. All glass will be confiscated and not returned.
- Fresh water points are available around the arena, so please only bring 500ml empty plastic water bottles with you. Sealed or full bottles or back pack hydration packs will not be permitted in the arena and will be confiscated and not returned.
- Summer Sessions in Princes Street Gardens operates a zero-tolerance underage drinking policy. No-one under the age of 18 is permitted to be under the influence of alcohol at the Event and You may be breathalysed which could lead to refusal. If You are unable to produce ID evidencing that You are 18 years old or over when challenged within the Event, Your alcohol will be confiscated and You will be removed from Event and Your Ticket will be confiscated. If a child under 16 is in Your care and caught drinking alcohol, You and the child will be removed from the Event. If anyone over the age of 18 is caught supplying alcohol to someone under-age, they will be removed from the Event and may risk prosecution. These are illegal activities and will not be tolerated or permitted under any circumstance. If You are the guardian of someone under 16 and are found under the influence of alcohol, arrangements will be made for You and those You are responsible for to leave the Event and appropriate authorities will be notified.
WARNINGS – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this event.